Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Etihad Towers,West Corniche Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Thursday, October 12, 2017 | 9:0 AM
5th International Oncology Conference is organized by VPS Healthcare and would be held during Oct 12 - 13, 2017 at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The target audience for this medical event for Oncologists.
The theme of the conference is "Navigating cancer care by early detection and prevention" and it will highlight the importance of screening, early diagnosis and prevention of cancer.
Cancer as a disease is on the top of the health agenda of all the countries and Collective efforts, collaborations and joint forces worldwide are leading to huge developments in the areas of initial diagnosis and prevention.
Despite global advancements, we continue to face the challenges of chronic diseases such as cancer, which according to the World Health Organization, is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide. In 2012, approximately 14 million new cases and 8.2 million cancer related deaths were recorded globally. This reinforces the magnitude of the problem and calls for health care institutions to focus on research, multidisciplinary treatment of the disease and a need for sustained community outreach to raise awareness about the need for regular screening and leading a healthy lifestyle.
Following the resounding success of the 4th edition of the International Oncology Conference 2016, this year's event offers a superb opportunity for medical, surgical oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, radiation therapists and other healthcare professionals in the Gulf and the Middle East region to attend expert updates and to share best practices and experiences to discuss the latest evidence and developments in the management and treatment of various cancer diseases including breast, colon, lung, gynecological, urological and pediatric cancers.
The program will emphasize on the theme "Navigating cancer care by early detection and prevention" to highlight the importance of screening, early diagnosis and prevention of cancer leading to successful treatment outcomes. The conference will also scope issues and challenges in this critical field in order to raise awareness and consider ways towards better care for cancer patients.
Conference Objectives are :
• Define cancer risk factors, eligible groups for screening and symptoms suspected for Breast, Colon, Lung, Gynecological, Urological and Paediatric Cancers.
• Discuss the global cancer occurrence, etiology, prevention and early detection
• Evaluate the latest trends in global research, methods, and technology for treatment of cancers.
• Understand current clinical challenges in vast majority of tumor types and novel treatment strategies for particular tumor sub-types
• Gain insight about the clinical relevance of molecular advances in different cancer types .
• Examine the significance of novel approaches to medical and surgical management of cancers and integrate new therapies into clinical practice
• Review the advantages of multidisciplinary approach in the diagnosis and management of various types of cancers.
• Discuss the socio economic impact of cancer